This is a big LED digit wall clock based on Arduino and WS2811 LED Driver. An Instructables.com project submitted by onlynoise. This features :
- big digits ( each digit is approximately the size of a A4 paper).
- slim in order to fit in a photo frame (a big one).
- auto dim the light depending on the light in the room.
- dedicated DST button.
Main components used are:
- Arduino nano V3.0 (sadly since I can’t afford an original arduino I used a chinese clone, for showing my support I donated 2.9 $ to arduino) – 2.9$ on ebay
- Digital Light Intensity Sensor Module Photo Resistor for Arduino – 0.99$ on ebay
- DS3231 AT24C32 IIC Module Precision Real Time Clock Quare Memory for Arduino – 0.99$ on ebay
- DC-DC Buck Converter Step Down Module LM2596 Power Output 1.23V-30V – 0.90$ on ebay
- 4m WS2811 led strip 30 leds/m – 12 $ on aliexpress (1 WS2811 IC control 3 LED Chip)
Below are pictures of some of the things required and the big digit preparation process – just for your eyes before you actually head into the project page.
Arduino LED Wall clock using WS2811 – [Project Page]