niq_ro have shared his Arduino based FM radio design on insrtuctable. TO catch FM waves he used TEA5767 FM chip which can be interfaced to Arduino via I2C interface. To adjust volume he used MCP4261-502E/P – dual digital potentiomer controlled via SPI on 8 bit steps.
This version of FM radio with TEA5767 with digital volume use Arduino Uno development board…
Digital volume in 15 steps is made with MCP4261-502E/P dual digital potentiometer who work as real potentiometer (logarithmic style)…
Step 1: Schematic
This schematic contain:
– Arduino Uno development board or similar (I use VISduino UNO R3, in this case)
– Nokia 5110 display with hand made logical level interface
– FM radio module with TEA5767 chip
– MCP4261-502E/P dual digital potentiomer (SPI control on 8 bit steps)
– breadboard, 4 pushbuttons and few wires
– stereo PC speakers
TEA5767 radio module is put on i2c pins (A4 = SDA & A5 = SCL) and MCP4261 dual digital potentiometer is put on SPI pins: SCK=D13(SCK), SDO=D12(MISO), SDI=D11(MOSI) si CS=D10(SS).
He made some effort to implement pretty nice interface on Nokia 5110 display. Here you can see the frequency of band, volume level, signal strength gauge. The only thing is left to do is to put everything in to enclosure.