Digital cameras are dime-a-dozen nowadays. Ranging from cheap ones to more expensive professional products, digital cameras have changes a lot since they were first introduced. For someone with a budget, you’ll probably be looking for the good digital camera under $ 200.
Two hundred dollars is a nice cut-off point. It is neither too expensive or too cheap. It will provide nice shots that you would expect, though none of the high resolution found in more expensive cameras.
If you’re looking for a digital camera though, there are still some traits you may want to look at. This includes the shooting modes and what sort of file they produce for storage. Knowing these should help narrow down your choices. If you’re on the lookout for a nice affordable camera, here are three of the best options out there.
1. Canon PowerShot ELPH 160
Canon cameras are a mainstay of the photography world. Though this is just a point-and-shoot camera, the PowerShot still manages to impress for its type.
| || |
This product has several features that should interest people.
- Varied Mode Choices. An essential part of digital cameras is its mode selection. This allows cameras to have pre-set effects with varied changes to make the shots unique. This ranges from the simple Portrait mode, to the more fancy Super Vivid mode.
- 8x Optical Zoom. The zoom feature in digital cameras is an essential one. For this product, the 8x zoom gives users a wider number of subjects to choose from.
- 0 Megapixels. That is still an impressively high resolution. For comparison, a lot of smart phone camera are at 4.0 megapixels. The photos you will take at 20.0 megapixels will definitely beat whatever they have.
There are several promising features that make buying this camera a good idea.
- Smart AUTO. Sometimes, when taking photos, you don’t know how to properly tweak your camera to get the best results. With Smart AUTO, all you need is to activate it and the device tweaks itself.
- HD Video. Though not exactly a video camera, you can still use this device to record short videos at high definition. This will be just a few minutes, but should be enough for most purposes.
- Sleek Design. This particular camera looks great in your hand. You’ll be able to appreciate it more when you use it take photos. It fits well in your hand and is pretty impressive to passersby.
There is a drawback to buying this device though.
- Lack of Components. When you first get this device, it lacks several important components like a USB cord or an SD card. You’ll have to buy this separately.
Who It Is Best For
This is a good beginner’s camera. Just point-and-shoot with no worries at all.
A great bargain, this camera gives a lot of options to its users.
2. Sony DSCW830
The DSCW830 is another quality product from Sony. This camera is a slim point-and-shoot model that has a to offer people.
| || |
This device has an interesting set of features. Here are some of the ones that catch people’s attention:
- 720P MP4 Movie Mode. An interesting feature for amateur vloggers, you can start recording videos for YouTube and social media using this camera. High-quality movies are easily within your reach with this camera.
- Sweep Panorama Mode. Don’t limit yourself to simple photos anymore. With this interesting panorama mode, you can take a 36- degree photo of any location. All you need to do is hold the shutter button as you take in the surroundings, with the camera quickly taking high-speed shots to stitch together a single panoramic shot.
- Smile Shutter technology. This camera automatically hones in on a smile and ensures that it is remembered. When you take a picture, you will immediately appreciate how it captures every smile.
There are a couple of positive things about buying this product.
- Excellent Technology. Sony packed it in a lot of features into this small camera. You won’t be able to fully appreciate it for some time, but you will after several months of use.
- Steady Shot. The camera automatically avoids blurry pictures by compensating shaky hands with its Steady Shot mode. This can be really useful sometimes.
It does have one problem though.
- Slow Response Time. The trouble with all of the tech it uses is the camera can be a bit slow in responding. Be sure to hold the camera on your subject for a few more seconds to ensure that you get the shot.
Who It Is Best For
This is a good camera for those who want to take pictures of landscapes and the like.
A nice beginner camera with a lot of options packed into it. You’re getting a lot from your purchase with this one.